Emulates the Effects of Caloric Restriction
- Helps revitalize aging cells1
- AMPK emulates the same cell energizing effects of caloric restriction and vigorous exercise16,17,18
- Increased AMPK activity supports reduced fat storage6, new mitochondria production7, and the promotion of healthy blood glucose and lipids4
- Free US Shipping
- 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
AMPK (adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase) is an enzyme that serves as the body's master regulating switch. It inhibits multiple damaging factors by revitalizing aging cells.1
Found in every cell,2,3 AMPK promotes longevity factors that have been shown to extend life span in numerous organisms.1,4 Increasing AMPK signaling "turns off" many damaging effects of aging, thus enabling cells to return to their youthful vitality.5
Life Extension® scientists have compiled years of research to create AMPK Activator, a specialized dual-extract formulation that supports AMPK activation for health optimization. This natural formula supports AMPK enzymatic activities required to safely support a more youthful cellular environment.
AMPK Activators and Weight-Loss
When AMPK is activated, cells go into a survival mode, making and storing no new fat, while burning up available fat from storage, pumping glucose in from the blood for additional energy, building new mitochondria for more efficient energy use, and recycling damaged or dysfunctional proteins. These are all beneficial anti-aging mechanisms.
The net effects of AMPK activation closely resemble those of calorie restriction and vigorous exercise. This is because both calorie restriction and vigorous exercise activate AMPK in response to energy needs that exceed supply. The drug metformin independently activates AMPK, producing similar benefits, which include reduction in dangerous belly fat stores, general weight loss, and reductions in blood sugar and fat levels.16,17,18
In a study of obese individuals, subjects lost more than an inch in waist circumference and half an inch in hip circumference using an AMPK activity- boosting botanical extract.20
Importance of AMPK
Greater AMPK activation has been shown to help target damaging factors of aging.5 Studies show increased AMPK activity supports reduced fat storage,6 new mitochondria production,7 and the promotion of healthy blood glucose and lipids already within normal range.4
Activating AMPK represents a major advance in our ability to combat degenerative disease and obesity. AMPK is now being intensively studied in the prevention and treatment of many age-related disorders. 21,22
When AMPK is activated, cells decrease production and storage of new fat and burn stored body fat. In addition, AMPK activation results in glucose being pumped out of the blood and into cells for additional energy. Mitochondrial biogenesis occurs, leading to more efficient energy use while cellular debris and dysfunctional proteins are removed.
The net effects of AMPK activation closely resemble those of calorie restriction and vigorous exercise. This occurs because both calorie restriction and vigorous exercise activate AMPK in response to energy needs that exceed supply. (Exercise may not increase AMPK in elderly individuals.) 19
Gynostemma pentaphyllum and trans-tiliroside, two naturally sourced extracts, uniquely increase AMPK activation without drugs, severe calorie restriction, or exercise. Studies show that these supplements significantly reduce risky belly fat accumulation, promote weight loss, normalize blood sugar, improve insulin resistance, and lower serum lipid levels.
An extract of the plant Gynostemma pentaphyllum was traditionally used in Asian medicine to promote longevity and scientists now know why - G. pentaphyllum promotes AMPK activation.8-10 In one of many studies showing a wide variety of benefits, researchers documented a 1-inch reduction in abdominal circumference in overweight individuals who took 450 mg daily of G. pentaphyllum extract for 12 weeks.11
Trans-tiliroside, extracted from plants such as rose hips, also boosts AMPK activation, but triggers different down-stream metabolic benefits than G. pentaphyllum.12-14 Among its many benefits, a low equivalent dose of 56 mg daily trans-tiliroside has been shown by researchers in preclinical studies to promote healthy blood glucose levels and body weight already within normal range.15
Anti-Aging Discovery that Cannot be Overlooked
Scientists uncovered the cell-energizing effect of AMPK in the 1970s. Since then, an exponential volume of data (over 7,500 published studies) documents the critical role that activated AMPK plays in maintaining life-sustaining cellular functions.
Those seeking to meaningfully extend their healthy life span should ensure they optimally activate their cellular AMPK. The reason this is so important is that in response to aging, excess calorie consumption, and/or low levels of physical activity, AMPK activity markedly declines.
A targeted way of reversing cellular depletion of this critical enzyme is to take the new AMPK Activator formula that comprises a dual-extract, plant-based formulation.
AMPK Activator Label Information
|AMPK Activator Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving
ActivAMP TM Gynostemma pentaphyllum extract (leaf)
Rose hip extract [from dog rose (Rosa canina) (stem and leaf) std. to 5% trans-tiliroside (18.6 mg)]
Other ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, tapioca starch, dextrin, ascorbyl palmitate, silica.
ActivAMP is a trademark of Gencor.
|Dosage and Use
- Take two (2) AMPK Activator capsules (servings) with the first meal of the day and one (1) capsule (serving) with the second meal, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- J Mol Med (Berl). 2011 Jul;89(7):667-76
- J Proteome Res. 2011 Apr 1;10(4):1690-7
- Circ Res. 2007 Feb 16;100(3):328-41
- Physiol Rev. 2009 89:1025 78
- Age (Dordr). 2014 Apr;36(2):641-63
- Clin Sci (Lond). 2013 Apr;124(8):491-507
- Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2002 Dec 10;99 (25):15983-7
- Bioorg Med Chem. 2011 Nov 1;19(21):6254-60
- Carbohydr Polym. 2012 Jul 1;89(3):942-7
- Biotechnol Lett. 2012 Sep;34(9):1607-16
- Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014 Jan;22(1):63-71
- Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011 May;92(2):e41-6
- Prev Nutr Food Sci. 2013 Jun;18(2):85-91
- J Nutr Biochem. 2012 Jul;23(7):768-76
- Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2007;17(11):3059-64
- Fowler MJ. Diabetes treatment, part 2: oral agents for glycemic management. Clin Diabet. 2007;25(4):131-4
- Matsui Y, Hirasawa Y, Sugiura T, Toyoshi T, Kyuki K, Ito M. Metformin reduces body weight gain and improves glucose intolerance in high-fat diet-fed C57BL/6J mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33(6):963-70
- Yanovski JA, Krakoff J, Salaita CG, et al. Effects of metformin on body weight and body composition in obese insulin-resistant children: a randomized clinical trial. Diabetes. 2011 Feb;60(2):477-85.
- Mortensen B, Poulsen P, Wegner L, et al. Genetic and metabolic effects on skeletal muscle AMPK in young and older twins. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E956 E64.
- Park SH, Huh TL, Kim SY, et al. Antiobesity effect of Gynostemma pentaphyllum extract (actiponin): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014 Jan;22(1):63-71.
- Samuel MA, Voinescu PE, Lilley BN, et al. LKB1 and AMPK regulate synaptic remodeling in old age. Nat Neurosci. 2014 Aug 3.
- North BJ, Sinclar DA. The intersection between aging and cardiovascular disease. Circ Res.2012;110: 1097-1108.
statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration.
The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any disease. Always see your licensed health care professional for
proper diagnosis and treatment.